True or false 1. Distress is linked with negative stressors. 2. Moderate exercise can alleviate stress. 3. There is no re
True or false
1. Distress is linked with negative stressors.
2. Moderate exercise can alleviate stress.
3. There is no relationship between nutritional choices and stress.
4. Normality is a key component of psychological health.
5. A pessimistic outlook is typically learned during childhood.
6. Fear of public speaking is an example of a social phobia;.
7. Self-acceptance is a prerequisite for positive psychological health.
8. In Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, safety is a more basic need then is being loved
9. Other-directed individuals are more likely to be influenced by external forces.
10. Inner-directed people make choices that satisfy themselves instead of making choices that satisfy others.
11. Defense mechanisms are usually easy to recognize in oneself.
12. An optimist expects failure and accepts it as deserved.
13. The majority of people who suffer from depression seek treatment.
14. The division of our nervous system that triggers the stress response is the _____________ division.
15. Which of the following is a brain chemical that helps to relieve pain.
16. Eustress might be triggered by :
being physically attacked
getting a bad grade
winning the lottery
17. Which of the following is one of the stages of the general adaptation syndrome.
18. Which of the following is a stressor:
a bad grade
19. Which of the following is a response of the parasympathetic division of the nervous system:
increased heart rate
20. All of the following are released during the stress response EXCEPT :